The seventh MMP magazine dedicated to the greatest tactical board wargame, the ASL Journal #7 is 48 pages with 12 scenarios, and a new 8"x22" geomorphic mapboard for Advanced Squad Leader (board "v").
What is "board v"? We have recently changed our map style from hardback mounted (like the original Squad Leader maps) to a lightweight mounted map (that we use in our ASL Starter Kits). Realizing everyone may not be aware of the change, we decided to put a map (which will be in ASL Starter Kit #3) into the magazine to "show it off" to more ASLers. We included a scenario which uses the board, Marders not Martyrs. This map will be used in the Starter Kit games, but is also fully compatible with ASL. Look for it, and future, Starter Kit maps to be used in ASL scenarios.
Journal #7 contains articles on:
* The Blue Devils - Croation Parachute Battalion
* Commissar's Dialectic
* Got OVHS? Got Milk Scenario Review
* Hungry, Hungry, HIPpies
* The British in WWII (part 2 of 2)
* Feline Off-Board Artillery (FOBA)
* 122 Extracurricular Activites - 5.5 turns, 1944 Hungary
* J102 The Yelnya Bridge - 4.5 turns, 1941 Russia
* J103 Lenin's Sons - 6.5 turns, 1941 Russia
* J104 Flanking Flamethrowers - 6.5 turns, 1941 Russia
* J105 Borodino Train Station - 5.5 turns, 1941 Russia
* J106 Marders not Martyrs - 5.5 turns, 1942 Russia
* J107 Operations Schwartz - 6.5 turns, 1943 Croatia
* J108 Danica Air - 5.5 turns, 1943 Croatia
* J109 Break for Hungary - 6.5 turns, 1943 Croatia
* J110 Prelude to Spring - 8 turns, 1944 Hungary
* J111 Prussia in Flames - 8 turns, 1945 East Prussia
* J112 Prelude to Dying - 7.5 turns, 1945 Slovenia
Read more information at BoardGameGeek website .
Language dependence: High